Monday, September 08, 2008

We're going to talk about the weather

First things first.. This post is one in a series of posts during the month of September over at mandythompson.com. Mandy has taken the platform of her blog and used it as a host to talk about what people around the world are DOing to impact the people around them. Hop on over and take a look at previous posts and what lies ahead for this month!

width="450"

“Who am I now? How do I make this work? What in the world am I supposed to do with myself? What were we thinking?”

These were some of the questions running through my mind when we moved last year. I had lost all sense of identity as I had unknowingly placed most of it in my surroundings rather than my Savior. It led to real, painful insecurity and seemingly hopeless searching.

I frantically attempted to patch activities together because other people that seemed normal and adjusted were doing them. Bible studies, making meals, baking, hosting, serving at church, having babies (oh wait.. no.. I didn’t get to that one).. I patched and glued, and oh-so-slowly, I began to settle. I began to remember who I was and the passions the Lord had given me.

Now I am looking forward to a new group of women. They will all have different stories, different experiences. Most likely, they will have moved here because of their husbands, searching for their place in this new stage of life.

I cannot wait to meet them. To cry and laugh with them. To meet their families and learn their stories. The Lord has been preparing me all year long for these women.

And I am petrified.

I pray that He will give me the strength to remember where my confidence lies. To remember to point them to Christ for their comfort and assurance. To be brave in meeting these women just where they are, unhindered by judgment and filled with compassion.

That is what I will be DOing in the year to come. That is my ministry. To love, to help, to hope with the women that will be moving into my life and heart in the next month, as well as the women He has already planted there. May God bless us as we walk together.

5 comments:

  1. Loved this, Corrie.

    Sometimes I feel like you can read my mind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for you and yours, your strength and your ministry...what a ministry!
    blessings,
    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy - :)

    Grateful - Thank you for your prayers!! They are very appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your time with the women - develop those relationships - You will learn so much and so will they. Isn't God amazing.
    Really enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God so often calls us out of our comfort zone to be more Christ like. I'm so glad you are so up for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete