Sunday, February 01, 2009

I’m not afraid of the dark!

It’s true! While I really struggled last year wandering through darkness at 4 o’clock in the afternoon, I think I’m just plain used to it now. The streetlights are now off when I walk to work in the mornings, but it’s still dark dark dark when I come home in the evenings. I realized walking home one day a week or two ago that I didn’t even really think about it anymore because I do it so often. It’s not scary, it’s just part of life. That little violin-toting girl is no longer a spy with a secret plot, she’s just the girl I pass every day on the way home :)

I am most definitely longing for spring however. The sky is sort of a dark blue on the way home from work now instead of totally black, and some of the trees are starting to get their little buds, and I’m sure if we spent any time in a wooded area, we’d see some bulbs sprouting as well. But it’s all lies!!! We were tricked last year, but they won’t win this year. I thought, ‘Oh, it’s only February and already we are seeing signs of spring!’ I was then thoroughly disappointed when spring never really came and ‘warm’ weather finally showed up at some point in June. But man, when it comes I do NOT complain! I can’t wait to shed my jacket and have so much energy from the eternal daytime! And I can’t wait to have the incessant desire to go to the beach and be able to because it’s not freezing and windy!

It’s supposed to snow tonight.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment