Friday, August 03, 2007

Well we have experienced many changes over the last few days that I just wasn’t quite ready for. We went to Florida last Friday to visit my mom’s side of the family and the week flew by faster than it’s ever flown before. I began getting a familiar uncomfortable feeling in my stomach toward the end of the week that meant I knew hard things were coming but didn’t want to think about it. I hadn’t considered until this week that this may be the last time I see my grandparents.. may be the last time we gather in their home to spend a week together.. may be the last time I see my family including my sister and her husband until next summer.. I had high hopes for coming home for Christmas, but found myself a little discouraged as I looked at ticket prices and realized there’s a big difference between buying a one-way ticket and a round trip ticket, though I still have hopes prices may go down in the months to come. I just wasn’t ready for those thoughts. Now, I do realize that any day could be the last day I see someone, but I think most people can relate to these feelings even if they may be a little unfounded.

Sometimes you don’t realize how much you love people until you’re saying goodbye with the future unsteady. I am and have been so blessed by my family. My grandparents have been incredibly generous, loving, and hospitable over all the years of my life. Their home was home to us while we visited and they do and have done everything they can to make sure our visit is wonderful. My aunts, uncles, and cousins are so fun to spend time with (even though we always have our moments ☺) and are so loving and thoughtful. My cup runs over! I have never treasured a visit so thoroughly as I did this summer. It meant so much to me to see our family together and enjoying each other..

Oh, not to mention we are now former bird owners. We sent them home with my aunt and uncle to keep for us while we’re in Scotland and that’s sad too. I know that they will LOVE living with my aunt and uncle because they are previous bird owners and my aunt is like a home-making machine.. that woman knows how to care for the residents in her home! So, I’m sure they’ll be very happy.

So, anyway.. Scotland is only a month away and that’s getting scarier as well. But I can’t deny that I am excited. I’m excited to meet all the people we’ve been emailing with.. to see our new home.. to attend our new church and meet our new pastor.. to get involved with that church as much as we can.. to support my husband through his first year of school.. It’s going to be an amazing ride and I am on-my-knees-thankful that I know that my Heavenly Father has gone before us and made our way straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment