Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Day for the Mums

Last Sunday was Mother’s Day here in the UK.

Initially, Ian thought he might get away with just celebrating ONE Mother’s Day and waiting until the date for the US Mother’s Day. However, I informed him that since our baby was born here and Scotland is our home (and the only home he has ever known!), we have to celebrate BOTH! :)

So, celebrate we did!

I had no idea what he was going to do and I was so proud of myself for not even reminding him :) I have a tendency to do that (like for example, when we were dating and I told him in a million ways that were all painfully obvious that he needed to consult my sister to find out what kind of ring I wanted.. I’m really good a dropping subtle hints..) but he remembered all by himself.

Let me tell you.

I can’t imagine a better gift.

He helped the Aedster get me a card in which I found a sweet message, and then he helped him give me the very best thing he has to offer..


Poochy Face Dollars!!!

Each dollar entitles me to one poochy face from my very own Aed, and even though there were only five in the envelope, I have access to the mint so there’s no stopping me! (though it would have been more appropriate for these to be pounds, Ian informed me that had he given me pounds, Aed would have been wearing the Queen's body, which is just wrong..)

Also, Daddy helped Aed get me some beautiful yellow tulips (which Aed promptly tried to crush because they were wrapped in plastic.. kid has a crazy thing for plastic) and made me a delicious dinner.

Every time we prayed, Ian thanked the Lord for me. All I could think was how unbelievable it is that I get to be a mother. That I am a mother on Mother’s Day. All those years of making my mom breakfast in bed.. Now I’m the mama. I am so thankful for Aed, I am so thankful that he makes me a mama. It was a perfect first Mother’s Day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment