Thursday, June 24, 2010

Buggy Bookshelves

Some friends of ours asked me a loooooooooooooooong time ago if I would be interested in a little art project for them. They share a room with their baby girl and have split off her area of the room with some bookshelves. They wondered if I would be willing to paint a mural on the back of the bookshelves to spice things up a bit.. Of course, I said yes and got right to work! Not! :) It took me a long, long time to finish them. MUCH longer than I anticipated.. Turns out having a baby to look after changes pretty much everything.. go figure.

So, I worked here and there when I got a chance and eventually finished them and handed them over. They were painted with acrylics and gesso, in four parts as the panels were at our house and the bookshelves themselves were at the Bawulskis. I just made the mural up with some vague intention of it being related to the collages I made for Sara when Kate was born.

I think they turned out really cute (if I can say that without being presumptuous) and though it was a lot harder to get work done than I thought it would be, it was very encouraging to see the finished product. When I saw the picture that Shawn had posted on Facebook, I told Ian it made me really want to do more.


Ian was very supportive (of course!), as I’ve been planning to do some art for Aed’s room for a really long time (I’m seeing a pattern here :), so maybe I’ll have something else to show you in the next few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment