Thursday, January 21, 2010


Today was a good day right up until bedtime :)

In other news, I was out on the town for a bit with the Aedster and we ran in to so many people! It was so fun to unexpectedly have these little conversations while we were out doing our thing and it made me so thankful to live in a small town. And it made me thankful that we have made such a community of friends here. Even though sometimes it can really slow you down to run in to people you know every time you're out, how can we not be thankful for such a gift!?

I took a meal over to a friend who just had a baby and was remembering back to all the meals that were provided for Ian and I right after Aed was born. I am so thankful for our community of Christian friends as well. We care for each other and bless each other in so many ways, and these years here would have been so much harder without this community.

In talking to my friend about her new baby, I learned that she seems to be a bit of a screamer (the baby, not the friend. The friend doesn't scream. At least not at me.). And honestly, with my whole heart, I can say that I was thankful in that moment that I also had a screamer and was able to encourage her and make myself available to her when she is so far from family as a new mom with a challenging baby. I know how hard that is and I am so thankful that it has opened up a new realm of compassion in my heart.

Some of that thankfulness then went away when my challenging baby opted not to go to sleep tonight :) But I figure, you win some, you lose some.

All in all, today was a good day. And now it is cold, dark, and pouring down rain.. a good combination for some nice deep sleep.

With that, I bid you farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment