Sunday, February 07, 2010



I am thankful that life is not static. Is that the word I want? Static? All I can think of is radio and TV static, which is not what I mean.

I mean I am thankful that change is a reality.

Even if there are constants in your life, change is inescapable. It seems to hit just when I feel like I'm starting to get my feet under me again. Just when I'm getting comfortable and confident. Just when I'm realizing how much I don't want things to change.

We have experienced some hard changes in our short married life, both individually and together. I didn't want very many of them to happen. Some of them I had to be dragged through. But in looking back on this one or that one, I am finding that as hard as it may be to swallow at the time, the change seems to lead to good things.. Even if those good things are at the end of a painful, winding road.

A change of plans, a change of location, a change of lifestyle. If you're not expecting it, it's like getting punched in the gut and then falling out of a window having no idea how far the ground is. No idea if you'll land on your wobbly feet or in a broken pile of flesh and bones with no one to help you up.

Hm.

We are mulling some changes. Is mulling the right word really? I think I'm having some word issues tonight..

They are not changes that are definitely happening, but I can feel it just around the bend. The plates are shifting.. The pot is being stirred. I'm not ready for it yet. I'm not ready to lose my footing again.

But before it hits me head on, I can say that I am thankful that the nature of life is change. I will not be the same person on February 7th, 2011 that I am today. I think that's a good thing.

P.S. All you lovers of the Aed out there.. I know.. I'm sorry.. I got your hopes up thinking you'd get to see him every day, and then I dashed them with my inconsistency. I have new photos and some videos of our precious munchkin that I would love to show you, but my hard drive has reached its limit. I hate when it does that. So I have to be responsible and clean it up so I can fit more things on it. Until then, you'll have to just imagine his cuteness (and oh is he cute!). I'll try not to take too long! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment